September 16, 2011

Secret Admirer

I'm Roxanne. I live in New York City. I'm 22. A proud American. Single. I'm doing my masters in Psychology. I do a part time job in McDonalds and I'm not loving it!! Argh! I'm an independent gal and my lifestyle sucks. I get up at 6am. Have a Starbucks coffee in the morning, rushing to college. Lunch in the campus. After classes, I rush to McD for work. Get back at night, hang around with my pals in the bar. Fag and booze. Get laid every other day with a random guy. Get back to my house past 2am and crash. Usually sleep- deprived! LOL! Mom and her BF live in San Diego. Dad and his GF live in St. Louis. I meet them occasionally, for Christmas or Easter. Life has been just the same since so many years, but I was not happy. I missed falling in love.



In the month of Feb, something strange started happening. Someone started dropping cute cardboard messages in my mail box. (Well, I hoped it were a 'he' doing it! LOL!).



I loved the gesture. He didn't write his name. Soon I forgot about it.
After a week, to my surprise, he dropped two.


I wondered who it could be. 
Someone from my class? Someone I knew? Or someone who wanted to know me? Or....just....someone....!! 
*Perplexed* !! :-/
I started observing guys at my study, started searching for behavioral differences to find out who it was. But, everything was just normal. I did not tell anyone about this, not even Rachel, my closest pal.
After another week, he dropped three! :-O :-O




I did not know how to react. I was both happy and sad. Happy that someone loved me. Sad because I didn't know who he was! :'(

I was trying to recall the handwriting but it didn't help! :-/
Two weeks passed by and nothing happened. One day I gotta call from an unknown number from a public booth. I said, "Hello". A male voice said, "Hello there, You sound as sweet as candy". Before I could say anything else he disconnected the call. I concluded that it was the same guy. Such things have never happened to me before.The very next day, he dropped a card.


This was insane. I was irritated. What was it with him? Was he that scared to reveal his identity. His cards were so cute and lovely and I loved it totally. I wanted to meet him. Next day, I went to class, I found a card on my desk! I was shell- shocked. 


I turned here and there to see who it was. And when i turned back the card was missing. How could that happen? There was no one in front of me. How did it disappear? It was strange and a little scary. The same day, at the McDs counter, to my utter shock I found a card:


That day, I came back home and found a card in my mail box which said:



I wish he reveals his identity one day. Because I'm in search of true love.
Cardboard guy. If you are reading this, "Whoever you are. Where ever you'r from. I know you love me. I love you too. Meet me ASAP"

16 September 2011

21 comments:

  1. Nice. :) I was actually expecting you to write something about your placement experience but strangely it is again about love :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy reminds me of myself in college. All feelings :p beautifully written divya . As usual u rocked. Amazing feeling and emotions. Crumbled paper looked so real :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Secret Admirer - part2, reveal who is that guy.
    Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was disappointed that this story ended quite abruptly..

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this happening with you .... or its just a work of fiction ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pure fiction! A play of my mind's thoughts! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Ya i also want to know who was the secret admirer...do reveal in ur next blog... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. If she reveals it then what's point of having the blog name secret admirer :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. a lil birdie tells me that 'he' is indeed a classmate!:P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahem, I may know who the cardboard guy is :P Variety read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ho! Smart you are, indeed! Please tell Roxanne who it would be! ;)

      Delete
  10. nice writing...good play of emotions..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great writeup...did u ever met the cardboard guy ??? u seems to be interesting.. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me?? :O Hey...Its just some random imagination man! lol..Such things don't happen in real life!!! Atleast not in India!! LOL!

      Delete