January 8, 2012

Lonely, Not Alone




Solitude takes me
To a higher level of consciousness
Away from the senseless talks
Of the locals
Where I can hear the supreme
Talking to me
in an enchanting vocal

Solitude is a state
Of completeness
Where I am in equanimity
In all aspects of life
Happiness attained from the people
Is illusionary
Why run after lay men
When I can get what I want
In a few moments of enriched silence.

With solitude comes power
Increased focus and concentration
A vision to succeed
To have a bright future, indeed

In solitude I introspect
And improve myself
Privacy is for what I drool
How can this be attained
Amongst a bunch of fools




For in solitude
I have attained enlightenment
Its something the mass
Just cannot get

Solitude is a drug
Euphoric and ecstatic

Solitude is the joy of being just yourself
You are the master of your life
Why encourage others to participate in yours?
If you strive for the best,
Its only solitude that can give you, what you expect.

Conversation with the worldly people
Is a futile task
Worldly affairs, don’t lure me anymore
Solitude, is like a ray of a sunbeam
In the biting cold of winter

“Bliss, Bliss, Bliss……”

For the one who has tasted a life
Of solitude
Knows the true essence of it
It is bliss
It is fulfilling
It fills up your heart



Coz he knows the value of himself
And not the jibber jabber
Of the others
Who claim to know themselves

With solitude comes peace
The best private time
That cannot be attained in
The company of the lay men
Who just know to blabber and whine

A man who loves solitude
Knows the value of your time
A man who loves solitude
Will understand you skin deep
Anything arty and crafty will never lure him
Coz he knows reality, and he knows quality stuff
For him life is not a game of bluff

The life of a man in solitude
or in the company of holy men
is the ultimate way to be.
Sometimes I wonder is this how
the sages in the Himalayas
who take penance feel
this is how life is meant to be

The human race shows
fake emotions
what’s the point in interacting
with these partially evolved apes
who don’t know the value of
Companionship and attachment
They are not social animals,
Just animals, in thirst of betterment
Wanting to overtake their peers
in this petty meanness of humanity
Who in want of which can
Change their shape and form anytime
Such an existence is useless



You will never find a companion
As companionable as solitude

Anything conductive and deep
can only be attained in solitude
for this is what the
elevated minds yearn for
Only the ones who enjoy and relish solitude
Will understand the true meaning of the above lines
Because the bliss solitude gives
Cannot be put down to paper, rather typed ;-)

My favorite quotes on solitude.

Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your won presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement.
Alice Koller

Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self.
May Sarton

Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god.

Aristotle

Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.
Edward Gibbon

Converse with men makes sharp the glittering wit, but God to man doth speak in solitude.
John Stuart Blackie

I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
Albert Einstein

The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.

Albert Einstein

A solitude is the audience-chamber of God.

Walter Savage Landor


In love with life, her space, her privacy, her solitude... :-) :-)
Jan 8, 2012

27 comments:

  1. AWESOME !!!! I am going to turn this into a wallpaper and put it up on my wall...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. dM, sometimes I wonder how great ur writings are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..really well written

    ReplyDelete
  4. D its a great writing...only one compliment i.e talented Divya..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it! It was like listening to my own self. Keep it up DM!

    On contrary to my perception about you as I see on Facebook, you are a totally different person when you write.. And honestly, I find the writer in you a lot more appealing to my psyche, :P hopefully that's the real-you and not a fictitious-you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. solitude-its not a word but a feeling . feel it and u will know the difference :) But i guess i know about it completely just by reading ur blog alone .

    i always use to wonder why few around me are selfish and i use to feel so bad . in fact last week to i was dwelling over it .Then i read this now on ur post .

    The human race shows
    fake emotions
    what’s the point in interacting
    with these partially evolved apes
    who don’t know the value of
    Companionship and attachment
    They are not social animals,



    u r really awesome .ur blog is so true, each and ever word is like brahmastra from arjuns bow . like gita from Lord krishnas mouth . such is effect of this solitude post :) will save it and read it whenever i feel down due to social people around me . this blog lifted me up completely. Perefect dose of injection i needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thoughts. Wonderful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a haphazard poem.
    too much emphasis on solitude which too is selective. "Selective solitude".
    you are confused.
    You yearn for a company.
    Solitude has no expression, neither in words nor in any expressions.its a feeling, something like.........................................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh!the name has a nice ring to it!
    Brilliant stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good read... with a lot of immense and high degree of thought processing involved... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite quote "Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god." wonderful flow of thoughts Divya!!! kudos to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "With solitude comes peace
    The best private time"

    very true.... solitude is very diff 4m bein lonely..... nice readin divs.... keep goin... <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Solitude is indeed the perfect setting for self discovery and introspection. I like how you've brought this out in your post. Awesome one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have wriiten perfectly well...this is exactly what i feel after doing advance course...loved it totally...absolutely true...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sachin :: THANKU!!! Sure :)

    RK :: I wonder the same at times! :P Thanks yaar!

    Meghana :: Thanks :)

    Abhishek :: Thank you yaar!

    Vamsi :: This is the REAL ME!! You really wont come to know the real me from FB! FB is just time pass fun stuff. I'm not like that in real life! :P Not saying that i'm not fun to be with, but i mingle 'well' and spend time only wid like minded people, i'm more of a family person, homely kinds. I'd prefer to be on my own most of the times, rarely do i hang out with my classmates, i actually "never",lol, maybe my image on FB seems as if i'm an extrovert or something, but i really dont like the company of most of the people out here and i feel that they are not worth my time and presence ;) i would rather say that the FB me is the fictitious me at times, its rather the virtual me, definitely not the real me, maybe the kewl-er me, lol, but, seriously, i dont care about that! ;) ;) i also do know we are similar kind of people, with similar mindsets, we are philosophically oriented ppl as well, though you blog more about that than me, thats awesome :) but trust me most of the time i browse for spiritual stuff than the kewl stuff! lol :D :D

    Aloo :: Happy to know that you benefited from this post. Thanks!

    Anonymous (DAD) :: Thankyou!! <3 <3 <3 Love you :*

    Ans :: I think I know who this is, I'd rather not say! lol. Anyways, coming to the point, There is something called 'optimism' in life, which you are totally unaware of! Often perpetually depressed people talk like this, the way you are, you know! I'm in love with solitude, and its just benefited me in all possible ways, i don't have any regret about anything.
    You are saying that "Solitude has no expression, neither in words nor in any expressions", that's because you have never felt the true essence of solitude, and most importantly, you don't know how to express the simplest of feelings, often disappointing the people around you, its the happiest time of my day, when my all alone, on my own, not lonely. I'm extremely sorry, but, you are mistaken, my friend. I guess you are confused between the words lonely and alone, there is a remarkable difference. Life is just once, why not enjoy the private moments you are blessed with? try to appreciate the small moments in life. Solitude doesn't mean you are 'single n miserable', solitude doesn't mean you are not loved, solitude is just the time you take out for yourself, even if you are in a relationship, because if you ask me, its better to be with like minded people, rather with a bunch of orangutans! lol. as i always say, its all about perception, a half a glass of water, can be seen as half empty or half full. that depends on you. thanks for dropping by and commenting. really appreciate it. it also takes a lotta courage to go against the crowd, which you have! ;);)

    Shwethika :: Thanks!!! I had three titles in mind, chose this one! :) ;)

    Anon :: Thanks a lot for the comment! :)

    Sri :: Thanks :) :) :)

    Gish :: Thanks da!!!

    Divya Ravi :: Thanks dear! :*

    Vishakha :: Great to know that!! :) Thanks!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is just brilliant that is all i ca say for now

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. Could relate to this one well! Be yourself-en vazhi, tahnee vazhi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. "PROFOUND"

    I loved it wholly, every single line. I have experienced such kind of bliss - from solitude and I never wanna give it away. Solitude is what I prefer all the time. The happiness and pleasure you get .. have no words.

    Best post divs. kudos, applause, hats off .. to you :* <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ajay :: True that!!

    Bhagya :: THANKS A LOT !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome!!!!!!! beautiful poem
    well written.the poem has great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great thoughts which are true......

    ReplyDelete
  22. Second that..Solitude is a gift which soothes and calms you in a way no other pampering/luxury can.It frees and encourages the mind to think/be creative about anything possible.IMO ,its also one reason why many creators/inventors tend to be more of introverts..Ah wandering off the point here..Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good poѕt. I lеагn something
    nеw and challеnging on ωеbѕites Ӏ ѕtumbleupοn eveгyԁay.
    It's alωаys useful to rеad соntеnt from other ωгiters and praсtice somethіng from other sіtes.



    Also visit my ωeb-site; legal ecstasy

    ReplyDelete